Australian Money Saving Tips The Simple Savings website is packed full with helpful tips. There are over 7,000 ways you could be saving money. Easy, simple tricks that ordinary Australians use to make their dollars stretch further.

Click here to learn how you could be saving money. The site teaches people how to shop wisely. I highly recommend it.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

How to maximise your points (earnings) on Rewards Central

Points maximising tips

A friend on Simple Savings was asking about how to maximise points on rewards Central so I thought I 'd answer here, allowing others to share my tips. If you have limited time and energy for doing online surveys it is a good idea to stick with one or two companies you like and do all of their activities, checking daily when possible. I have honestly found Rewards Central and My Opinions to be the most fun useful and profitable sites for me.
  • Rewardscentral is linked to My Opinions and you can have the MO points transferred to RC every time they reach 100. You need to choose this option on My Opinions- look for the Transferring points tab. I find there are more surveys on MO for me that RC.

  • I check in every morning to both RC and MO, and do daily survey, guessing game and any other activities offered such as longer surveys, offers etc. On rewards Central there is daily survey, web clicks and a guessing game. On My Opinions once a week there is a guessing game on MO and so far I have only hit 0 points once or twice. Twice I have won 20, usually 5 or 10 points, occassionally 20 or 50. Still aiming for the biggie- 500 LOL.

  • RC offers  many emails to click on. Someitmes there will be several in a day, then none for awhile. You can  often see them on the site faster than on email . Some emails, like the What Do you think program, offer a points reward for signing up for a newsletter or purchasing porducts.

  • When I have 100 or more points I ebank them.  I decided to become a gold member which cost I think $60 a year, which entitles me to the Goldbank with higher points interest. I  recently seriously considered rebanking all my points (worth $100) to earn even more. It t akes 3300 points ot earn $30 cash or 10100 to earn $100. The fee as a percentage is lower for $100 that $30 so unlike the past I am now aiming for $100 increments. If I have a small number of points I usually bank them for 1 month so that if I have earned significantly more in the following weeks, upon maturity I can combine them into a bigger deposit and do it all again.
How long did it take to be rewarded?
  • Basically 5 points a day on the quick survey plus web clicks = 1825 per year, so  to end up with $100 I must have clicked on a lot of emails and done a few good surveys.
  • Web clicks sometimes have Bonus clicks listed below the list of categories you can click on them. Check every time you log on.
Shopping online
  • I also shop through RC and receive points that way. I tend to shop when they have a bonus points promotion- Mothers Day, Easter, Valentines Day, and Christmas. Often double or triple points are offered for featured stores. I basically always look to see if a company I am going to use anyway is linked to them. So I if I am going to send the MIL (mother in law) flowers I do it through their interflora link. Perfume? efragrance. Cheap movie tickets- Always on Sale.


  •  I did get some good shopping points recently- Todae (eco product company that sells eco cockroach baits), Always on Sale (gold pass movie tickets for a friend's wedding gift) and efragrance (because I am a perfume addict and they had an excellent free gift with offer AND had discounted my sister in lawss fave perfume).

  • I don't shop weekly with them as I could end up shopping for points which misses the point and doesn't save! I tend to check out promotions which might be useful when looking for gifts. However they do offer prizes for the person with the most points earned through shopping every so often.


Hope all that helps!



2 comments:

  1. EARN GLOBAL MONEY shows you different earning programs from all over the globe and help people to earn money from different earning program owned by different organizations.
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment SRMOFTTECH. Is that a site or a blog you are referring to?

    ReplyDelete