Australian Money Saving Tips The Simple Savings website is packed full with helpful tips. There are over 7,000 ways you could be saving money. Easy, simple tricks that ordinary Australians use to make their dollars stretch further.

Click here to learn how you could be saving money. The site teaches people how to shop wisely. I highly recommend it.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

EverdayMoney Credit Card Reward-Earned my first shopping voucher.

At the beginning of the year, I finally gave in an applied for a pink Everyday Money Credit card, which is a Woolworth's product underwritten by HSBC. I admit that this was AFTER having spent nearly 3 years paying past foolish credit card debt (CCD). I basically gave in to the repeated advertising offers I saw almost daily via WDYT, Rewards Central and other similar companies. They were offering one year fee free and a $50 Woolworht's voucher, plus 6 months low rate transfer of other debts. I didn't have any of those thankfully. Also evert $1 spend earns a point for a shopping voucher sent out every  three monts. Woolworth's Select products earn bonus points as do products from their shopping partners, like Dick Smith's. I tend not to get bonus points as I have been using hte card isntead of cash then paying it back each month. In otherwords I wasn't shopping for particular products to get the extra points. If you want to know why not visit my earlier posts on the foolishness of Flybuys.

Anyway...after expenditure of nearly $9 k - that's right $9,000 AU over 3 months, and an additional 1000 bonus points plus 324 Woolworth's bonus points, I was rewarded  with a $70 gift card which expires on 14 October this year....wow....mad money indeed.  Can you hear the dry tone in my writing ?

What they are paying me for of course is a whole lot of vaulabe consumer spending patterns data. $70 for 3 months of my data. No wonder the reputable market research companies warn you doing their surveys won't make you rich.

Still as I am a reformed shopaholic and a Simple Saver, that will cover at least half a week's groceries. Some of my forum mates could make it stretch to a week's worth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I also have similar experience.
    the sites I have seen to be linked are
    cashemailsclub.com
    newoffersclub.com
    groceryclicks.com
    dailyemaildollars.com

    are these scam sites ?

    ReplyDelete