Australian Money Saving Tips The Simple Savings website is packed full with helpful tips. There are over 7,000 ways you could be saving money. Easy, simple tricks that ordinary Australians use to make their dollars stretch further.

Click here to learn how you could be saving money. The site teaches people how to shop wisely. I highly recommend it.

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shopping to make money Homescan and CC points

Just scanned in the groceries which made me realise at Woolies they forgot to give us a receipt. Most annoying because I like to check what I have spent, make sure there were no overrpicings especially as I am a great fan of specials and twofers- as in 2 for the price of 1 or a discount for bulk buys. It meant I had to estimate some of the prices so I hope I don't end up getting nothing for my efforts due to errors.



My Dear Daughter and Son are still enjoying the numbers practice when entering data but I am sure this will soon be another boring job for Mummy.



This is definitely a time consuming activity- firstly you have to select primary shooper and any who came with you, then the shop, then scan each item, then enter number bought, then price, then if on promotion. If it is fresh food there is a second bar code from the shopper guide. At the end you have to enter the total.



I do not think this is worth my while or yours, unless you are a) desperate for some shopping vouchers and b) you do not have any other odd job money earning opportunities c) you do one big shop a month so this is a once amonth job.

I am having trouble navigating my own blog and just lost a load of text. The gist is that I am up to $40 approximately worth of Shopping voucher points on my Woolworths Everyday Money card. I have managed to pay the balance in full every month so this is actually a bonus rather than an expensive exercise. The interest rate is very high- hence my desire to pay in full each month.
My tip is that most Rewards type cards have very high interest rates, so do read the fine print before applying. This one had a promotion including a "free" $50 voucher for signing up within a certain time and one year fee free. After that I'll need to earn around $50 in vouchers per year to break even. Vouchers are sent out quarterly, but points do not expire. I have various expenses which I am happy to go on a CC as I then have a record of them, and compnaies are usually pretty good about sorting out any suspicious charges as long as you catch them soon enough. So far so good.

Must admit though it is still easy to overspend with a credit card, so I am in two minds about the value of more shopping vouchers.

I recently paid for part of the shopping ($20 worth) with a Wish gift card from Valued Opinions research. I sometimes wonder if it doesn't just encourage me to spend more though.

No comments:

Post a Comment